Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back for 2010!

Well the end of 2009 has come and gone... Everything became extremely crazy after November and I let my blog go. Thanks to a quick reminder from Em, I am back on the ball. December brought some major changes to my life; graduation, a new apartment, a new body (kinda.. ha!), a new city, and potential for a new(er) job.

I graduated from my Master's program December 12th. But it doesn't seem as if they journey is going to end there. I am in the midst of applying to one, yes just one right now, DrPH program. However, even if I am accepted into the program, I may defer one year just to get a little more experience in the field with the job offer I have on the table. But back to graduation... It was a little overwhelming as both my parents and extended family came in town, in addition to D's parents. Dealing with 12 people while also trying to pack and move an apartment undoubtedly wore me down! Yet, everything went off without a hitch; minus the weather. The weather was awful; freezing and rainy all day long, hence the horrible hair in the pics below.


as you can see the dress & tights from an earlier post worked out perfectly!



Next was the big move... I'm finally all settled in, but that too was a borderline catastrophe. It made sense to hire movers to both move out and move in the furniture and everything in. Welllll, apparently the movers that packed the truck were incompetent. They dinged and scratched up ALL of the wooden stuff! :( The same is true for the movers who moved in the new bedroom furniture! What a mess. Thankfully, everything is still in repairable condition...


my bedroom :)



my bath



sinks



living room // some dining room



other view of living room - yay to hanukkah and xmas!



kitchen -- view from dining room



the pool!!!

There's also a guest bed and full bath too- but that's still all coming together! I'll post pics once they are finished!


I'm finally up and able to get things accomplished from surg, but I'm still easily tired and sore. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected! Thank goodness that I'll have another full week to recover. I would have been miserable going to work everyday last week. I don't know how people only take a week off, they must have better pain tolerance than I do!

Christmas and Hanukkah have come and gone, and I have to say this year was pretty good! :) "Santa" brought me everything I wanted and then some!! I still have a couple returns to make, but other than that its been great. D got me a Nook for Hanukkah and I must say I am PRETTTTY obsessed. It will make the trip to NYC this upcoming weekend much easier. :) Hopefully, I can stay warm!!

Well, that brings me to TWENTY-TEN!! New Year's was great... a bunch of us went to dinner and a couple parties downtown. It was nice for me to do something a little bit more low-key, especially since I am still recovering. I was SO excited for the parties though because I am obsessed with the dress I found, and even more so with the heels!! Wish I would have gotten a full-length picture, but I didn't... Hope you all had a great time on NYE too!


hot pink four inch heels... love love love.


happy new year!


My resolutions for this year are pretty simple, but some may be more difficult than others:
- Eat out less / cook more
- Stick to a budget (ahh!)
- Read one book a month
- Keep my closet organized, and maybe limit my shopping, MAYBE.
- Get involved in a non-profit in Ft. Lauderdale
- Run a 10K / train for ING Marathon in 2011 (yes, I had to give myself a year because 2010 is too close!)
-Travel somewhere incredible!

What are yours?!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back to blogging! It has been a crazy couple months for you.

    I am sooooo jealous of your aptartment!

    ReplyDelete