Wednesday, January 20, 2010

another day, another dream, but always you...

I absolutely love, love, LOVE my new job!! I couldn't be happier and really I am counting my lucky stars. The Regional Nursing Director and Regional Program Director basically "created" this position for me after my interview for another position. They realized that I would be better suited doing community outreach and offered me this position... the rest, as they say, is history. I am the new office "queen" of community outreach, and so far I have had a tremendous response from local organizations! I'm a little nervous to be meeting with some of the CEO's and Directors of some major non-profits, but I think that my efforts will greatly impact these kids! I also couldn't be happier with my working environment; not only are the people fantastic (thus far... yes, it's only been two weeks!) but my work space is phenomenal! I couldn't ask for a better area, not to mention view...










I have been taking a break on the shopping this week, trying to keep everything under control for 2010. I am also trying to wear everything that still has tags on it before I buy anything else. Sad, that I have enough clothing with tags still attached to limit my shopping until it's all worn! I don't know if that's a good thing or  bad thing... but in my defense, I was in pajamas, AND SOLELY PJ's for two weeks in December because of my surgery/recovery and I did some serious online shopping during that time!


I have been working on my health/fitness the last couple weeks too... The hospital makes it ridiculously easy to eat healthy while at work. Everything is so cheap, especially once I get my "employee discount." I can already feel the difference and it's making me want to make healthier meals once I get home for D and I. :) I have a huge fitness/health goal for myself, but I am allowing myself ample time to meet it... so hopefully it will happen with hard work and determination!


All in all, I"m happy to be back in South Florida and I am loving every minute of it! Here's a gorgeous pic of the sunset on my way home the other day... :) Sorry it's a bit blurry but I was taking it while driving! (Shame on me, I know...!)










1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful where you live, that's a nice sunset photo. And your workspace looks so nice and cheery compared to mine! And organized :) That's awesome the company created a position for you, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete