Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I thought I moved to SOUTH Florida...

Just another FREEZING day in the neighborhood... I was convinced when I moved out of Tallahassee that I would not have to deal with winter this year, unless I chose to do so. Meaning, vacationing somewhere up north. But no, it appears that this year the cold decided to make an extended pit-stop in SoFla. Well cold, you are making me one very unhappy SoFla resident! Thankfully tomorrow it's supposed to warm up!!


I have since started my new job, and I must say that it's the perfect fit for me. I love everything about it and can't wait to finally have a job description and a project to be working on. The last couple days I have been getting acquainted with everything and meeting other people I will be working with! It seems like I will be out in the community quite a bit making some great connections!! I'm definitely excited about it, and the days seem to fly by!


This past weekend D and I went to NYC with his family. We had such a great time, I wish we could have had more time! We did the touristy things, Top of the Rock, ice skating in Rockefeller Center, China Town, Little Italy, saw WestSide Story, played in Times Square, etc. etc. I absolutely adore big cities and wish that I could pack up my stuff and move to one now. Granted, I suppose I do live in a big city now but it's not the same. I want to live in a city where I can walk, take a subway, or call a cab anytime I wanted to go somewhere... that's not SoFla and I doubt it ever will be! :( The weather was absolutely freezing the entire time we were there! Luckily, I came prepared... :)







I must say, I was quite good with keeping my shopping under wraps this trip! But I really think it's because I ordered SO much online before I actually got on the plane that there wasn't really much else I needed! I have got some great pieces the last week or so. Pieces for work, pieces for play... a little bit of everything. However, I must say that my favorite purchase is the Gucci bag that I bought Thursday night as a "Good Luck on your new Job" bag! :) Thankfully, I haven't needed the luck just yet!! Here are a few more of this week's "goodies."


i'm not 100% sure about these yet, but they match a bag that i have PERFECTLY!



i got this dress in black and plum. it has an exposed zipper in the back as well.
it's work and going-out-for-a-quick-drink friendly!



i got this blazer in a light grey/silver.
SO great for casual fridays!



comfy cute.



will be super cute with a bright colored shirt!






This week holds quite in a bit in store for me... Tomorrow D and I are going with another couple to the Circus! I'm hoping we get to pick up some great dinner in Brickell before hand! It's finally supposed to warm up this weekend too, which will be wonderful and allow me to take B on a walk on the beach! It will be his first time on a beach and it's either going to be an absolute disaster or a breeze, either way I'm not holding my breath!




No comments:

Post a Comment