Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Terrible Tuesday...

At least it is finally over! Today was just issue after issue and I was slammed at work... Oh well, I guess that's to be expected after a FABULOUS weekend!! As mentioned, D and I went down to SoFla to find a new place and get everything settled. We were very successful and I definitely am pleased with everything we got done. I was definitely a little upset that we missed out on Halloween  (as we ended up with a flat tire after the last apartment!) but everything else made up for it. We found an apartment that still blows my mind... I keep thinking about it and just want to pack up everything and move right this second! Unfortunately I forgot my camera on this trip, but hopefully I can get some pics over Thanksgiving weekend!

D and I got a bedroom set too... It was something I was really stressing about as I wanted to make sure everything was moved in and settled when we moved. However, he was not in a rush to get everything moved in all at once, and so it was a little contentious for a couple days. We went to two stores in the "cheaper" realm in order to find something and left them liking a couple things but not finding any great deals. We decided to make one last stop in one of the higher end stores before calling it a day on Sunday and we found an amazing bedroom set for a fabulous deal. I couldn't even believe it! :) It is not even close to what we were looking at, as we were set on very contemporary (ie. dark wood, leather backboard, etc.) However, the bed we got it a medium wood king sized sleigh bed. We also purchased the matching three drawer dresser, the media center/armoire and nightstands... actually, we currently only have one nightstand but we are working on a second! I couldn't be more pleased!!

Now when it comes to bedding D and I never agree. I remember having to give something up (although I cannot for the life of me remember what it was) in order to get the bedding we have now. We have been looking for quite some time now as we know that our tastes don't exactly match up... but we found a bedding set that we like in Restoration Hardware (see below) and that is now ordered and on it's way. I am beyond amazed at how fabulously this is all coming together... now if it were only December 18th and I'd be moving in!


i love the green in this! it definitely makes things so earthy and light...

Lastly, I finally got a chance to try on all my new purchases from Nordstrom and unfortunately I'll be returning about half of it. After trying on the tights with the dress I decided to keep I decided I cannot wear the two together, it was just too much! But, I will be able to wear sheer black tights with it if it's cold... Let's just hope it's not because that's an awful lot of black in one outfit. I will have to pair it with a bright clutch or headband if that's the case! We will see... I have to get everything organized for packing tomorrow for my weeks vacation/conference in Philly! :)


1 comment:

  1. Post photos when you get a chance, love to see the new set! Very exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete