Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life is good!

So I got word that I will have the holiday season off this year! I will not be starting my new job until after the new year and I put my resignation letter in today with my boss for December 17th... This will be perfect as it provides me ample time to recover from a surgery I have scheduled for December 21st, and still have time off for Christmas and New Years!

I am so excited because I will be able to get my new place situated and figure out my new surroundings... Figure out where Publix, Whole Foods, the bookstore, some restaurants are, etc. The essentials will all be figured out without the stress of having to get to and from work right away!

Tomorrow, D and I are flying home to check out the new places. We have a list of about 5-7 places, but we think we already know "the one." We are going to that place last because we want to give everything a fair shot. I will take pics of the final place this weekend and let you all know!!

Today I got the dress that I ordered for graduation and it was PERFECT. It needs to be steamed but I am definitely going to be wearing it to graduation. I haven't gotten the tights yet, but hopefully I get them before I leave so I can return them in SoFla if they don't fit! I ordered a whole bunch of other stuff recently for a few upcoming events that I have, so hopefully all that will come in tomorrow and I can try it on before we leave! :)


perfect for a night out!!



something fun... i don't know how this is going to fit/look but we will see.



obvs for work... i have a great trina turk zebra jacket that would spice this up even more!



this is weekend wear as well. i also have a christening to go to this winter and it will be good for that with a pair of black tights and some gorgeous closed toed shoes.



casual... probably what i will wear on the plane to philly next week! something easy, but still kinda cute.



What do you guys think? I need to start looking for a dress for my friend Stephanie's wedding in February, as well as holiday party dresses. However, I am unsure if I am going to be able to attend any parties and I will be recovering from surgery, but hopefully I will be able to find something cute and do-able. It will just be hard to find something because I will be unsure of the size I will be post-op. So frustrating, especially with New Year's right after the surgery! Ahhh. I'm sure it will all work out... who knows if I will even be able to go out for New Year's! :(

Anyway, I found a GREAT idea for place cards this week... I am going to have to make them for my family's Christmas Eve dinner.  They are brownie balls, covered in milk/white chocolate and decorated in a colored white chocolate. I plan on tying a simple string to them with a handwritten name tag! What do you all think?!









Hope you all have a great Halloween!! :) Can't wait to see all your costumes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving that pink casual outfit! I need to get some staples like this for winter this year! Looks so cute and comfy :)

    ReplyDelete