Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello world, this is me...! :)

Hi all,

So I am this new to this whole blog scene, but after following a handful of friends for the last couple months I thought it would be a great way to keep up with friends, family and even myself at times. I have so much going on in such a short period of time, it's overwhelming to think about!!

I was recently offered an extraordinary opportunity back in South Florida doing what I have dreamed of doing! I cannot wait to start, but it is a little back to back with other exciting life changes! I am graduating one weekend in December from my Masters program, and the very next Monday I am starting the new job. Mind you, during all of this, I have to make a major move (close to 500 miles!!) with my long-time boyfriend and pup! Needless to say, I have a lot on my plate!

But let's not think about all that... this weekend coming up I am flying home with D (my boyfriend of 3.5 years) and we are going to seek out new homes! I am so excited to finally move back South (as we are both originally from the area) and get settled in for the long haul. We have found a couple fantastic places online and I am eager to get down there and see them in person! Hopefully we will find something perfect- making a little of the stress dissipate!

More importantly, I need to find a dress for graduation! I found a gorgeous Trina Turk dress this weekend, but it was 2 sizes too big and they didn't have anything smaller! Since I am still stuck in a small-town there is only one store that sells Trina Turk so I am hoping that I will have a little splurge time this weekend. If not, I bought a back up dress this morning to pair with some adorable Trina tights! I am nervous it will be chilly the December morning I graduate, so I feel that tights might be something that are worth looking into for a backup... Let me know what you guys think!







I'd be wearing similar heels that are seen with these tights, but I am scared that it might be "too over the top!" I'm definitely a little more funky than most of my friends, but the pink tights are a little bright for me!! :)

Speaking of pink, as we all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have several family members who have bravely battled the disease, and have always been big on supporting the cause. Recently, I got an Avon Breast Cancer Walk brochure in the mail and I am thinking about starting to train for it. I know it will be quite the feat, as it's 39 miles in 2 days. I know that does not seem like an overwhelming amount to some, but for someone who is new to the whole running world, the distance seems like quite the accomplishment! I am working on rounding up a couple friends so we can all do it together!! I will keep you posted on whether or not we are able to pull it off (although it is about a year away!)

Lastly, does anyone have any good healthy recipes for the upcoming holidays? I would love to be sharing some of those tasty treats with my visitors once I finally get situated in SoFla! :)

Well that's it for now, hope everyone is either staying warm- or for the Floridians enjoying the gorgeous weather!

1 comment:

  1. Yeaha! Welcome to the blog world! That outfit is very "Maura" :) looove it! Can't wait to keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete